What's "Living Well" All About?
"In our group we learned that we were a bunch of women who had stopped doing what was necessary to be "whole." We were so busy taking care of every one else that we often forgot to take care of ourselves. We felt guilty for taking time to go to the gym, write in our journal, get a manicure, take in a movie or even stop to plant the roses so we can then stop to smell the roses. That's what the "Living Well" part is about!"
-Tonya Tuggle, Baltimore MD
Feeling tired? Anxious? Discouraged? Try one of these non-food options for coping with negative feelings:
- Call a friend.
- Go outside at night to look at the stars and the heavens.
- Buy yourself some flowers or pick some wildflowers.
- Listen to soothing music to change your mood.
- Take a shower or a bath.
- Go for a short walk.
- Take a nap, or simply put your feet up.
- Start your own list!
-from Your Whole Life: The 3D Plan for Eating Right, Living Well, and Loving God
Living Well Begins at Home!
In this time-tested, encouraging guide, Mary Jane Preston and Carol
Showalter show you how to assess your own style of keeping house,
discover simple ways to eliminate stress, create a personal schedule
that works, and keep up with the needs of your home so that you can
accomplish everything you need to and still have time for the things you
love. Designed for individual or group use, Loving Your Home will take
you on a 12-week journey of small, positive steps for adding order - and
joy - into your home!
Special features include:
- Goals and checklists that are daily, weekly, monthly – and do-able!
- Tips for “going green"
- Ideas for making the care of your home a spiritual and creative
- Ways to lighten your load by involving others
- Weekly Scriptures and words of wisdom
- Practical and age-appropriate ideas for kids